It has been 13 days since Gavin took his "first steps" on July 6th. He seems to progressively get a little stronger and a little sturdier each day. We still try to keep him on the carpet and in the grass as he takes some pretty nasty spills, especially when he falls face down! Mima and Mommy went shoe shopping last weekend to find him a good pair of walking shoes after he stubbed his toe on the concrete in our driveway. I learned a lot about infant shoes that day! Gavin is modeling his new kicks in the video. As you will see, the uneven ground outside still gives him the fits!
3 comments:
Snazzy shoes Gavin! What kind are they? Impart some of your shoe knowledge on me please.
Remember, this is coming from a shoe saleswoman! But, I could have just as easily bought some Nikes for the same price so there might be some truth in what she says. She told me that after a child starts to walk, their next three pair of shoes should have walking soles. That means that they are very flexible-you can almost bend them in half. This includes sandals and tennis shoes. The brand Gavin is wearing is Perfection by Jumping Frog. It has a foot on the bottom of the sole so you can see how the child's foot should fit in the shoe. She said it is obviously also very important to have your child's foot sized professionly. Gavin needed a bigger size than I had been buying. I was looking at tennis shoes since he'll be needing those come this fall. They have the tradional walking shoe (all white that looks more like a leather bootie) that they have tried to modernize but I think have miserably failed, and then they have more stylish pairs that still have the walking sole. From the looks of the store I was in, you are still limited on style and selection, though. I'm sure bigger cities would offer more. I don't know if brands like Nike and Addidas carry those kind of soles. The ones I've seen have big, bulky soles. Gavin got his on sale and they were still about $30. She said he should be able to wear them 2-3 months. YIKES!
"Yikes" is right!! The video is just TOO CUTE!! It's really neat watching him walking and yes, falling down and getting up again! These videos and pictures are precious and such wonderful memories!! Great job, kids!!
Post a Comment