10.05.2007

Welcome Gunner Lance Grothaus!

On September 16th, 2007, we welcomed the arrival of our second beautiful baby boy. Gunner Lance weighed in at 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. My wonderful OB was a bit off on the size of our little guy as she anticipated he would be well over 9 lbs., just like his big brother. I went into the hospital at 5:00 am to be induced. It took two hours before they broke my water at 7:00 am. I then walked and waited until they started the pitosin drip at 9:00 am. That's when the fun began! I immediately started having back labor and pretty strong contractions. I wanted to wait on the epidural until I really "needed" it. Being in labor over 13 hours with Gavin, I thought I had plently of time. I even had Clint out taking care of Gavin and the grandparents (my mom was with me) because I thought it was going to be a long day. They had just checked my cervix and I was only dialated to a 3. After the contractions kept getting closer and stronger, I asked for the epidural. I could tell by the reaction of the nurse that I might have waited too long to get it. Sure enough, about 30 minutes after getting the epidural, I was dilated to a 10 and ready to go, which was not long enough for the medicine to kick in. Mom had to call Clint and tell him to get to the hospital immediately. He and the OB just made it in time!! Other than not having any pain medicine, the labor went well and baby and mommy were very healthy. Gunner had a mild case of jaundice which has since gone away. He has days and nights a little mixed up, but he is otherwise a very good baby. Gavin is still adjusting to having his little brother around. As expected, he is not very happy about sharing his mommy, daddy, and grandparents. I know with time he will be a great big brother! With the two boys, I will not be able to post as frequently but will keep you as updated as possible. Love to you all!

6 comments:

The Neally Family said...

Yay! Finally some pics of the new little guy. We did get to see the hospital photo online. He is very precious. Your family is beautiful!

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you got some pictures posted!! I have been waiting. Gunner and Gavin look a lot alike. You have 2 beautiful boys. Logan and I will be there to see you guys in December!

Anonymous said...

Gunner is super cute! He has great eyes. Hope that you all are doing good! Ella & I are going to try to come & see you all soon.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

What GREAT pictures!! Been waiting anxiously for them! Gunner is sure a cutie!! The boys sure look alike-
Both boys are cute asd thy can be!Alisha, you look GREAT right after delivery!! Wow!
Can't tell you how much these pictures mean to us here!! And your intro to them is wonderful! Next best thing to being there! You got some really good pictures!! Love you and are praising the Lord for safe delivery and everyone healthy!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome dear Gunner! You and your brother are so adorable. What a precious gift from God. We are so thankful for two healthy grandsons and look forward to spoiling you both along with your first cousins. We are also thankful you have such wonderful caring and loving parents that you take precedence in their lives. We love you soooooooo much!!!! May God continue to bless you!!!

P.S. Love the pics - thanks to papa for a last-minute run for a new camera to capture those beautiful priceless moments to cherish for a lifetime! The things we do for our children and grandchildren - worth it all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. I am going to try to print one for Great-Grandma Mary. He's a beautiful boy and I love the family pictures also. Wish we lived closer to visit. Love ya, Great Aunt Sally