I have been waiting several years to be able to hang stockings on a mantle. Our new home has a beautiful wood burning fireplace that makes the perfect spot for these Christmas icons. Due to my procrastination, we do not have cute stockings with our names on them. I quickly found out that the boys don't care what they look like. They are just thrilled to get presents and candy our of their "socks". So, you might wonder why they are already getting presents and candy...I mentioned procrastination earlier. I love the idea of advent calendars, but I put off getting one until it was too late. I kept waiting for them to go on sale, but instead most of them sold out or would have arrived too late. So, I put a little toy or piece of candy in the stockings each night and the boys get to get in their "socks" after we eat supper. Christmas is so much fun! I hope to find us some stockings that we can personalize and an advent calendar during the after Christmas sales! That means Baby G better hurry up so I can be recovered by then! Maybe it will be her first shopping trip!
3 comments:
Your fireplace looks very nice. I can't believe I was at your house tonight and didn't notice them. At least I got to see the "big" snowman. The boys sure are fascinated. It's fun to watch Gunner point at it and sound like he's also saying "big".
You didn't tell me Clint was turning the big one tomorrow. I thought he had another year. Over the hill before his daughter is born. Hee hee!!!
Looking forward to Polar Express!! I hope you'll be able to bear all your pain and enjoy it a little yourself. Praying for you!!!! I love you more than you'll ever know!!!
cute mantle! I like your idea of the advent calendar in the stocking. You are clever. I hope too that the polar express will be super fun... and you'll survive.
I'm so excited I found a cute something for baby G today!
That is such a neat idea w/the advent stockings! Don't think I've ever heard of that one-the advent calandar, yes; but not the stocking. I can just image the fun the boys are getting from that! Love your fireplace, too! I remember the days when our fireplace in Warsaw was lined w/stockings!! Good memories!! Doesn't seem like it's been that long ago now, but---Love the pictures, as usual!! Love you! Won't be long now before your little princess is here!!
Post a Comment