11.21.2008

Photo Memories

Ok, so I'm going to throw out a little survey here! I know there are several moms who check our blog, so I'm needing some suggestions! Digital cameras are great! I love being able to take pictures and view them immediately so that I can retake the picture if need be or I can just take hundreds of them and delete the ones I don't care for. I came to realize long ago that although this is great, I now just have literally thousands of pictures on disks or memory cards and do not have hard copies of them. I just made myself create a Halloween photo book from this year so that I would be able to actually view and share the pictures I took. I am also working on one for each of the boy's birthdays, but it takes a lot of time. I obviously post tons of them on the blog, but I don't think you can actually save all the posts to anything. I love the idea of scrapbooking but don't have the time or money to put into it. What do you do with your pictures? Do you print your digitals and put them in an album? Do you just keep them on CDs? Let me know! Remember, you can post anonomously so I won't know who you are! :-) I have a few other questions that I will be asking our audience in the near future!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have separate photo albums for the boys. I also am putting one together for the family. I don't have time to scrap book either, so this is how I am keeping my memories of the boys. I also make a cd and put it in a safe in case of a fire that way I will have memories if something ever happened. Waylon loves to look at pictures of himself and of Wyatt.~Carrie

Disco Mom said...

I absolutely print the best ones and put them in photo albums. I don't completely trust what digital storage will be like in 100 years. One of these days I will catorigize them to have photo books printed, but for now it is easier and safter to just upload my digital photos to Walgreens.com and have them printed.

Heather said...

Now that you know who I am, I feel like I can post, and you won't think I'm some crazy lady!

I agree about putting cds in a safe, a safety deposit box at the bank would be great!

We did good for a while with printing off pictures, but terrible with getting them in photo albums. I like to write the date and who's in the picture, so that always takes time. So we have all of our pictures saved on our computer, with some printed off. Then, we have some in photo albums, and some stacked up in our computer desk, waiting to be put in albums. Terrible, I know.

I know even now, when my brother comes home to visit, we almost always break out old photo albums. I love looking at pictures!

I had such a great time last night. I know, I wanted to buy everything, too! They do sell great stuff. I might do a spa show in the spring (May) so you can come and get your feet pampered!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

I think we are much alike as I just upload my pics to the computer. I have 1500 pics on my memory card right now and haven't printed 1 of them.

I have in the past put them on cd but done nothing with them. I too need some help in this area.

I agree with disco mama trish that i really don't trust his whole digital thing and I should get a safe . Great idea Alisha on the photo memories.

jessicaorris said...

Do you think you are notmaking hard copies because of the time it takes to select the ones you like then put on a disk THEN go to walmart and print them??? BECAUSE if so I know several ppl who use walgreens.com to print their photos. You can go to their website and have the pictures printed that you like - then go pick them up at your convience. I wouldn't stop putting them on disks just for back up reasons in case of a fire or what not...but to show ppl you could have seperate books for each child - I know some ppl who have a book for their boy for each year: a 2007 book, a 2008 book, etc. You could also pay someone to scrapbook it for you - if you don't have the time like you were saying...It's pricey but maybe for a xmas gift to yourself. I'm going to keep checking this post because I, too, want some ideas....

Emily said...

Well, I do print out my pictures (eventually) and have them sorted for each girl's book that I will get caught up on some day. I love to scrapbook but am never caught up. I wait until I have 200 pictures or so on my card and then go to Wal-Mart.com and burn a cd. You can do all the editing at home without standing at a kiosk with two fussy kids in your shopping cart. I then put the cd in our safe deposit box for a back up copy of the pictures in case we ever have a fire.

I have a friend who bought a scrapbook program for her computer that has tons of templates and pretty notions. You creat a scrapbook page and drag your photos onto it and then print it out. Fast and easy she claims.

Finally, I have heard there are companies who will turn blogs into books, so maybe you would want to just make a book each year since you have obviously posted your favorite pictures and memories each year. That's my favorite idea so far, but I haven't investigated it. Good luck. I'll look forward to hearing what you do.

The Grothaus Gang said...

Thanks for all the fantastic ideas! Anyone can still feel free to comment! I hope those of you who helped me out will continue to give me ideas in the future!

Anonymous said...

Well, we had hundreds of pictures from the years and then in Jan of 2001, we had a fire and lost everything, including pictures. We were able to replace some of them due to family members we had given pictures to, but the majority are gone, so it's a good idea to put the pics on disk and store them in a safe deposit box where fire can't get to them. I love the blog idea that you put so many favorites on, too. Sounds like a great idea to make a book from the blog pics as well as from disks, too. Love the new set up for the blog, Alisha! You have SO MANY good ideas already and I'm amazed and impressed by what you are doing and have done! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! LOVE YOU BUSHELS AND BUNDLES!!!

Anonymous said...

I happen to prefer the shoebox method.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Papa-I use the shoebox method--however I will say it would be a good idea to put them on disk and in a safe deposit box in case of fire or water damage.
Happy Birthday Alisha and hugs and kisses to all five of you.
Love,
Grammy

Anonymous said...

opps--my spelling of disc is incorrect.--sorry consider it corrected now.
love ya,
sherri