1.11.2007

100 Things About Me
I got this idea from another blog and thought it sounded like fun, so here are 100 things about me that you probably know, but maybe not! I should have titled it 100 things that I love because that's mostly what I'm writing about. I am writing them down as they come so they are not in any order!
1. I love being a mommy to Gavin Vance!
2. I love being a wife!
3. I love to spend time with my family!
4. I miss my family that lives far away!
5. I love being an auntie to Gabriel Lane and now, Logan Xavier!
6. I can't wait until June when I will become an aunt again!
7. I would like to have a little girl one day.
8. I used to want all boys so they could grow up and be momma's boys and be protective of me.
9. I love to shop!
10. I love to buy Gavin clothes.
11. I love to find good deals!
12. I envy mom's who get to buy the adorable girl clothes.
13. I love to take Gavin shopping with me, even if it is a bit of a hassle!
14. I love shopping with my mom because she always has such great taste!
15. My favorite mall (within driving distance) is Chesterfield, MO.
16. Now that I am a mommy, I would much rather buy clothes for Gavin than for me.
17. I love to shop the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas.
18. I love the holiday season!
19. I love to buy Christmas decorations even though I rarely put all of them up.
20. I always think I have to buy gift bags and wrapping paper when they go on sale after Christmas, but then I re-use bags I got from gifts the year before or bum some off of my mom.
21. I love snowmen!
22. I love driving around and looking at Christmas lights.
23. I love Christmas music!
24. My two favorite Christmas CD's are Jessica Simpson and Mariah Carey.
25. I love to buy other people gifts.
26. I love HOMEMADE mashed pototoes!
27. I love my mom's cheese corn!
28. I love our family's seven layer salad!
29. I love my grandma Judy's pecan pie.
30. I love crescent rolls.
31. I love DQ!
32. I love my grandma Annie's chili!
33. I love Linda's lemonade!
34. I love A & W rootbeer served in their frosty mugs. Do they even do this anymore?
35. I love Alfredo Shrimp Pasta from Ruby Tuesday's!
36. I love eating at Ruby Tuesday's with my family.
37. I love holiday dinners with lots of family!
38. I love watching movies in my parents home theatre.
39. I love going to the theatre to watch movies.
40. I am obsessed with watching the TV drama 24.
41. I am obsessed with watching Days of Our Lives.
42. I now enjoy watching shows on HGTV like Buying a Home and How Much is My House Worth.
43. I long for a house of our own.
44. I long to be a stay-at-home-mom.
45. I will spend hours looking up recipes and printing them off, but I never cook.
46. My husband is the cook of the house right now.
47. I am obsessed with blogging.
48. I love to read about the lives of other moms.
49. If we had the finances to afford it, I would have at least five children.
50. Sometimes I wish I had gone into cosmotology and owned my own salon.
51. I could never cut hair because I am too worried about what other people think.
52. I miss my garden tub at our other house.
53. I love to take baths!
54. I love to read romance novels although I have not touched one since Gavin was born.
55. I envy people who follow through with scrapbooking.
56. I love photography!
57. I love black and white pictures.
58. I wish I could create things with pictures in Photoshop the way my mom can.
59. I still haven't ordered my wedding pictures.
60. I had the wedding of my dreams.
61. Sometimes I put on my wedding dress to remember how it felt to be a princess for a day.
62. I still have not watched the 1998 State Championship Game.
63. I sometimes have regrets about basketball because I believe I could have done more.
64. If it weren't for Mackenzie Long, I would have held the all-time scoring record for the Carthage Bluegirls forever. (They are consolidated and will no longer be the Bluegirls after this year)
65. I can't wait to be the first to my kid's games like my parents were to mine.
66. I wish my girl(s) could have the awesome experience of being a Bluegirl like I did.
67. After being a coach myself, I am so thankful to Sci, Log, and Coach Lapp for all the time they put into Bluegirl Basketball. I have a great respect for them!
68. I am happy with my decision not to coach this year because I could not have spent the time I needed to to be a successful coach.
69. I close my eyes when I brush my teeth because I hate staring at the sink, especially if it's dirty!
70. I hate bright lights in my bathroom.
71. I like to have the lights off when I go to the "bathroom." If this isn't possible, I will usually cover my eyes.
72. I cannot go to the "bathroom" in a public place, even if it's an emergency.
73. I am hooked on Mt. Dew.
74. My favorite Mexican restraunt is Papa Chico's, in Keokuk, IA. It's a hole in the wall!
75. I miss Carrie's giant tenderloins from her restaurant bar in Basco, IL.
76. I can kill some breakfast no matter what time of day.
77. I put sugar on my pancakes.
78. I salt my watermelon.
79. I usually put around 6 tsp. of sugar in my coffee, plus cream.
80. I love the idea of drinking coffee in little outside cafes like you see in Europe and big cities.
81. I found that I love to take cruises. They are paradise!
82. I love beaches.
83. I love to snow ski.
84. I love being on lakes.
85. I miss Uncle Kirk's boat.
86. I would like to visit all 50 states.
87. I miss family vacations.
88. I don't wash my hair everyday.
89. I hate washing my face at night.
90. I miss eating out with the girls.
91. I was a Chi Omega.
92. I have never had a cavitiy, even after all that DQ and Mt. Dew!
93. I love country music.
94. I wish Clint could sing and play like Keith Urban, even if it was just for me.
95. I fantasize about singing and performing even though I've never taken choir or a musical class in my life.
96. I am a procrastinater.
97. I have to make lists in order to get things done.
98. Gavin still sleeps with mommy.
99. I pray daily for my sister to move home.
100. I can't wait until 3:00 when I can get back to being a mommy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really loved reading your list, especially since I don't really know that much about you except for what Josh tells me. A few of the things made me laugh and a few were similar to me. I also love looking at your blog everyday, even though I don't always comment.

Anonymous said...

Alisha,
I enjoyed your list...we have several things in common. Thank you for sharing. This would have taken me forever to do! Are you sure you are getting enough sleep?

Anonymous said...

Number 99 made me cry! I miss you guys too and I know Gabe would love to be close to his cousin. We'll find out soon if moving is possible!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a list. I had no idea you enjoyed seeing Christmas lights. And listen to Christmas music? You'll drive Clint nuts since he hates Christmas music. Anyway, it was fun to read your list. It would take me forever to think of 100 things. Love you!!! Glad to see Lea and Jen read your blog, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow--what a great list--great idea, too! I enjoyed reading your 100 things--that had to take some thinking and time--great job, Alisha! You are a VERY TALENTED girl!! Keep up the good work--I love it!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I miss your mom's cheese corn!! I haven't had that for about 11 years!!!