Gavin was in dire need of a haircut as mommy and daddy were planning to grow it out. We just didn't quite know what to do with the bangs that were hanging in his eyes and undoubtedly blurring his vision. Mommy and Mimi made an appointment for Gavin at a children's salon called The Hairy Elephant. The kids get to choose a vehicle to sit in and get to watch DVD's while getting their haircut. I first asked the stylist to trim his bangs but keep the rest of his hair long. I specificall said, "no bowl cut!" Gavin was the perfect little guy and played with his car and watched tv. When the stylist was done, she asked how I liked it and I said there was something about it that just wasn't doing it for me. I guess it was b/c I'm used to layers and he looked rediculous without them. I asked her to basically give him another cut and it turned out great! Gavin is such a handsome little man! His little brother was an angel waiting on his brother, too!
5 comments:
How fun! Your mom told me about the experience as well, and it sounds awesome. Well, better than the photo appointment, anyway! I love the picture of Gavin with his hair all slicked down while the stylist is cutting. He looked cute pre- and post-haircut.
Now this is where to give your precious lil ones a haircut. It's all about distracting them and this place only cuts children's hair (up to 12 but I'd say 10 would be pushing it). Anyway, it was certainly worth the drive to watch Gavin finally enjoy getting a haircut. They even had a keyhole for him to pretend he was putting keys in to start it. A great experience highly recommended by a grandmother!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE IS RISEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice "do" Gavin!!!
Gavin looks great with his new haircut. Looks like he had fun sitting in that big truck too. There's a place in Springfield like that where we'll eventually take Hayden, but Josh doesn't think he's quite ready yet. That's quite a drive to get a haircut though.
Wow! Pretty neat place,huh? Gavin's new haircut looks GREAT and looks like he sure enjoyed it!! Things sure have changed!! This place is really smart-making the experience one they look forward to instead of dreading it!
Wonder-do they take adults too? Looks like fun!! God bless all of you!! We love you and thank God for you!!
Post a Comment