5.16.2009

Mommy had to get out of the house today, unfortunately it wasn't as warm as I thought it was going to be. I planned to take the kiddos to feed the ducks by the river (Thanks Tara!) and then to the park to play. I asked Mimi to go along because Daddy as going to mow the yard. By the time we were ready to leave, it was still just over 50 degrees and windy. We still made it to the ducks and Gavin had a ball throwing them old hotdog buns. He was very proud of himself for making them "strong" again so they could go for a swim as we left. We didn't have as good of luck at the park as the sand was still saturated and there was standing water on the slides. We decided to do the play center at Burger King instead. Gavin seemed to like it just as well. He kept asking Mimi and I which path he should take as climbed around in the tunnels. I was very impressed with his social skills today as he kept asking the other kids "What's your name?" None of them responded to him which kind of broke my heart since he was saying it so sweet.


LOVE this comfy little outfit!

We will be frequenting this spot more often now that we know where to find the ducks! We always have old bread! SHHHHH! Don't tell Grandpa Larry!


Off they go! Gavin said the one left on the pavement was too "weak" to swim because he didn't get any of the bread. This is a lesson learned from Diego.


Add Image
Got ketchup?

Gunner and ketchup, now that's a whole other story! Hint: Gunner even dips his strawberries in ketchup! Even Papa doesn't do that!

King Gavin is tuckered out! He is holding his new found love...a kitty named "kitty".

3 comments:

Tara said...

Glad you had fun with the ducks..btw they eat fries, raisens and just about anything you have left in your car. lol! I loved Gunner's ketchup face and Grace's fancy hat!

Loving Mimi said...

Yes, what a fun day. Not only did one of the ducks get too weak to get in the water, but then Gavin got too weak to keep playing. He had to have a few more "apple fries" with caramel and more milk to get strong and go back to playing. It was hilarious!!! He makes me laugh so much. Thanks for including me for the adventurous day despite the cold weather. The cold temp could fool a person by the beautiful sun shining all day.

Emily said...

Strawberries in ketchup??? I'm not sure about that one! I too love the story about the ducks getting strong from your bread. You gotta love lessons learned from Diego and Dora!