5.22.2009

Experiencing the Magic

Our second day of excitement came with our visit to the Magic House in St. Louis. It was definitely filled with lots of magic for the boys! If we were closer, we would be members! The new Fairy tale addition was pretty neat and opened for younger kids before the other exhibits opened.
"Gavin and the beanstalk!



Gracie, let down your hair!

Mommy needs to study up on her fairy tales as I don't remember what this was from!

Our little shoemakers!

Gunner would make a good elf with those ears!


Sand, sand everywhere!

water + boys = FUN!

Gracie would have really enjoyed the water table if she hadn't been hungry and trying to eat the cups!

This barn was perfect for our little farmer, Gunner!

Anything having to do with cars is a big hit with the boys!

This is were my camera goes dead! The fishing hole was absolutely Gavin's favorite thing about the magic house! The kids were able to "catch" a magnetic fish with the pole. Then, they were supposed to get the fish "off the hook" and take it to the other side of the room and drop it into the stream. They could then watch their fish swim downstream and back to the fishing hole. He honestly could have done this from open to close!

3 comments:

Emily said...

We are obviously due for another visit to the Magic House. It truly is magical. Gracie loved the fishing as well. They didn't have the cool fairy tale stuff when we were there.

Tara said...

That looks fun. Last time I was there I was way pregnant with drew. I think I will enjoy it more if I go again. Cute backbacks for the kids!

Mimi said...

The Magic House was nice getting to go early with the lil ones before they opened up for the bigger kids. I also like it to keep big kids out of the areas for lil ones once it is open for everyone. It was nice having a cafe on the premises, too, but they only offer healthy food. Seriously, I had to laugh b/c who eats healthy on vacation. LOL!!! But the chocolate chip cookies were delish!!!!!