5.21.2009

The Zoo 2009

Yay! Today we visited the St. Louis Zoo with Mimi and Papa. Daddy unfortunately had to work. Although it was pretty hot, I think everyone had a great time. I, personally, LOVE the zoo! I'm not sure if it's because I know how much the kiddos enjoy the animals, or if I really just enjoy seeing them myself!? Gavin's definite favorites were the stingrays and the carousel. Amazingly, you were able to put your hands in the stingray pool and they would kind of swim up your arm. They were very soft and fuzzy! We were pretty lucky because most of the animals were close to the viewing areas, which made it fun for the boys.






Gavin and Gunner gearing up for the carousel ride. Gavin actually wanted to ride by himself!






Choo-choo!

The long-awaited train ride!




Back on the carousel! This time it broke down so we didn't get to ride.




Happy Feet!

The "black ducks", aka puffins!

Forget the animals, they have construction cones at the zoo!

"What brother does, I do, too!"

We had to get a picture in front of the "deer" for daddy!



Gavin thought the "hippos" were really soft. With all of the Diego's that we watch, how could he call these hippos?





OK, the slide was definitely another favorite!

The boys walking across "crocodile lake"!



Gavin and mommy enjoying our FREE gourmet supper!

Mommy and the boys getting refreshed in the pool!



Gunner loving on Gracie before bed.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! You got some great pictures. It's exhausting to visit the zoo, but so worth it. Good for you guys for going. I think I remember many previous posts of your visits to the zoo, so it's obviously one of your favorite places to visit with the kids. You picked a good time of year to go. We'll probably wait to go until it's 90 degrees and the animals are all hiding in the shade. :-)

Adventurous Mimi said...

It was indeed fun at the zoo. Gavin didn't want to leave the stingray exhibit but Gunner wasn't into them. They both could have rode the carousel all day though. Unfortunately it broke down in the afternoon. Gavin has come a long way. He has never liked riding but I think he changed watching lil brother have so much fun riding by himself. Now he rides and says, "weeee, this is fun."